Senior Analytical Scientist
IOTA NanoSolutions Limited is a nanotechnology company that specialises in the production of nanoparticles of poorly water-soluble drugs and specialty organic molecules using its proprietary ContraSol™ technology. We undertake formulation development of drugs and agrochemicals currently on the market or undergoing development and have a wide client-base of major pharmaceutical and agrochemical firms. IOTA NanoSolutions is situated within Liverpool University's MerseyBIO incubator facility, which forms part of Merseyside's Life Sciences cluster.
As part of the company's expansion programme, we are looking to appoint an experienced Senior Analytical Scientist to lead the analytical activities underpinning the in-house and external development projects. This is a new role and, as such, it is ideal for an ambitious and innovative individual to enter the challenging environment of testing and characterisation of novel nano-materials.
You will be expected to have:
- B.Sc., M.Sc. or Ph.D. in an Analytical Chemistry discipline
- Experience of working within a pharmaceutical and/or life sciences analytical laboratory
- Hands-on experience of chromatography (HPLC & GC), spectroscopy and classical chemical analysis techniques
- An understanding of the principles of pharmaceutical development and the characterisation of pharmaceutical materials
- Method development and validation experience.
On a personal level you must:
- Have good time management skills and the ability to plan and execute your own work to agreed timelines
- Be a good problem-solver with a willingness to learn new techniques
- Have well-developed communication skills to allow you to effectively report the outcome of routine and non-routine analytical investigations
- Have the ability to work with other scientific disciplines to present and discuss analytical data in a cross-functional context
- Be eligible to live and work in the UK.
In return, we will offer you the opportunity to work in the challenging and fast-emerging arena of nanotechnology and to contribute significantly to our exciting and promising future.
Applicants should be able to commence work on Monday 3rd June 2013.
For further information on IOTA NanoSolutions visit www.iotanano.com.
For further information on the role, please contact Dr. Mark Dyas on 0151 795 4164, or at Mark.Dyas@iotanano.com.
To apply, please send a covering letter and a CV including the names and addresses of suitable referees to Dr. Alison Foster at:
IOTA NanoSolutions Ltd., MerseyBIO, Crown Street, Liverpool, L69 7ZB, or via email to Alison.Foster@iotanano.com.
Closing date: 18th April 2013
IOTA NanoSolutions Limited is an equal opportunities employer.