This job is no longer available
Purification Biotechnologist (GMP)
£Excellent Remuneration Package
An experienced purification biotechnologist with experience in GMP is urgently required for the manufacture of biopharmaceutical products for the purification of proteins. You will be supporting the purification of proteins (mid to large scale) using a wide range of purification techniques in a GMP regulated environment.
- Using thorough knowledge of down-stream processing, the individual will work in a clean room environment you will have direct involvement in day to day purification of proteins and completing all related GMP documents (SOP’s) in the purification manufacturing processes.
- Ensure that a high standard of cGMP is adhered to for both self and others.
- Effective use of all Quality management procedures e.g. deviations.
- Effective communication with internal departments and line management
- Participate in improvement projects
- Help carry out training of operators in relevant Production systems to enable them to carry out their duties efficiently where able to
- When assigned an area, become owner of that area including weekly cleaning and maintenance assessments of that area and associated equipment
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree BSc, MSc or PhD in Biochemistry/ Biochemical Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience working to GMP in a biological or commercial field
- Extensive experience in downstream processing, chromatography and the large-scale purification of proteins.
- Flexible and able to work as part of a team on 12hr day rotating shift pattern with opportunities for planned and unplanned overtime.
This position will require you to work 1 weekend in 2
Strong benefits package and salary
To Apply: Please contact Alison Fisher AF/016131 on 020 7421 5200, or apply to
For up to date career opportunities please visit www.hs-scientific.co.uk. Due to a high volume of applicants only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you are not contacted within seven days of submitting your CV please assume that your application will not be taken further.